Monday, May 5, 2014

I have followers!

FAITH.....it does not make things easy, it makes things possible!
 
 
Let me just start out by saying I'm impressed I actually have people that follow my blog!  (Besides the people that HAVE to...Greg, Tre', Ashlin, my mom....).  I started writing this blog as kind of a "therapy" for myself, to get things out and off my chest and to have our journey documented.  I never imagined I would have so many people that cared about our journey enough to follow my blog and try to read what I write...even though it doesn't make sense half the time!  In the last 2 days, 5 different people have asked me why I haven't updated my blog!  So, thank you for following it and I am sorry I haven't updated in almost a month!  (I will try to do better!)
 
With that being said, no news is good news, right!?
 
As my friend Maridee said today, "Can you believe in the next 7 days you will have gone to Disney World and possibly have a baby?"  Yep, that is how we operate!  If you remember, in January, we planned a trip to Disney World to vacation with the kids on May 8-11.  We are still planning on going on vacation and leaving on Thursday.  We will fly down to Florida early Thursday morning and we get back about supper time on Sunday!  We are so excited to spend time with Tre' and Taylen can't wait to see him as they haven't seen each other since Tre' left in January.
 
This adoption is significantly different than the previous.  There is very little communication and the birth mom's mom (let's call her grandma) is really pushing for this adoption.  Up until this week, I really haven't let myself think much about it....which could explain the lack of blog post!  Now that we are 7 days from birth and we are going to be gone 4 of those days, I am starting to think of all these questions and needing to have some sort of plan. 
 
Monday, May 12th, is baby day!  She is scheduled for a c-section that day.  With that being said, we are unsure when we will get to meet the baby.  Nebraska laws don't allow her to sign her rights away anytime before 48 hours.  With it being a c-section, it may be longer.  Also under Nebraska law, the birth mom can't be on any pain medications when she signs.  So, we may know more Wednesday or Thursday of next week.
 
Now, my feelings are this.....I don't have great feelings about it!  "Grandma" is very much "for" this adoption and so I am not sure if this is birth mom's idea or "Grandmas".  Only time will tell, I guess.  Again, Maridee says I need a better, more positive attitude....she may be right! :-)
 
So, we are off to Disney and hopefully off to the hospital all within the next 7 days!  Stay tuned....


No comments:

Post a Comment